ID Tech MiniMag Card Reader
Product HighlightsSecureHead 3T Encrypted Intelligent MagStripe Swipe Read Head (USB KB HID, AES Encryption)
ID Tech MiniMagII Series
MiniMag - Compact Intelligent MagStripe Swipe Reader
Full Functionality and Compact Size
The MiniMagII Intelligent Reader delivers exceptional performance in brilliantly designed housing. It can read up to three tracks of magnetic stripe card data regardless of swiping direction or speed which increases usability. MiniMag's compact footprint is ideal for POS, security, loyalty and other applications where space is limited.
Easy to Use and Install
The uniquely designed flat surface allows for mounting in different orientations using threaded inserts or Velcro®. The cable can exit through the side or bottom which provides flexibility in mounting options.
Multiple Interfaces to Meet Your Needs
The MiniMag II is an intelligent swipe reader with six communication interfaces: keyboard (PS/2) wedge, USB keyboard, USB-HID, RS232, RS232 Port Powered, and USB-CDC serial interfaces. JPOS and OPOS drivers are also available.
Many Programmable Features
The MiniMag II is a fully programmable reader. Reader output format can be customized with user-friendly, Windows-based MagSwipe Configuration Utility. For example, after reading and validating card data, the unit can be programmed to parse the data, insert control characters, and add prefix/suffix characters while maintaining data integrity through vertical and longitudinal error checking. The reader also includes language options to ensure that the correct data is sent to the terminal.
Features and Benefits:
- Interfaces: Keyboard, RS232, RS232 Port Powered, USB keyboard, USB-CDC, or USB-HID
- User- Friendly configuration software, simplified data editing and configuration
- Discriminates card data formats between AAMVA and CA DMV
- Reads up to three tracks of information
- Reliable MagStripe reader for a minimum of one million card swipes
- Clear identification of successful card reads with a beeper and LED indicators
- Can be used free-standing or mounted to work with a variety of applications
- Threaded inserts for easy and flexible mounting