MagTek Mini MSR Card Reader
Weight: 0.2 lbs.
Product HighlightsMagTek, Sure Swipe 3 Track, USB, HID, Dual Head Black
MagTek Mini MSR
Mini Magnetic Swipe Card Reader - USB or Port Powered - Bi-directional
The Mini magnetic swipe reader is our most successful product with millions deployed into various applications worldwide.
Available with USB Keyboard Emulation, USB HID, Port Powered RS232 or PS/2 Keyboard Wedge interface making it ideal for payment, membership, loyalty, identification, gaming or any other application.
USB Keyboard Emulation
Ideal for existing keyboard wedge applications. No software interface required to view card data. ASCII data transferred to PC and output as if manually typed. Built-in 6-foot cable with standard USB connector.
- Ideal for new card reading applications.
- Application software required (demo software available).
- Uses standard Windows HID driver for communications.
- No third party device drivers required.
- Compliant with Human Interface Device (HID)standards.
- Built-in 6-foot cable with standard USB connector.
RS-232 (Serial Interface)
- Ideal for applications needing full device communication.
- Software interface required to view card data.
- Interfaces with existing serial applications.
- Standard ASCII message format offers maximum flexibility for application integration.
- 9-pin D-sub serial connector.
PS/2 Keyboard Wedge
- Ideal for older PCs with no available serial or usb port.
- No software interface required to view card data.
- Transfer of card data via a link between keyboard and port.
- ASCII data transferred to PC and output as if manually typed.
- The Mini offers the highest possible read reliability and the highest specification MTBF in the industry.
- It also has bi-directional read capability and is ISO, ANSI and AAMVA compatible.
- A compact design, the Mini magnetic swipe reader can be mounted either with self-mounting adhesive strips or by using the embedded threaded mounting points.
- Low-cost, high-quality design
- Customization available
- Bi-directional read capability
- ISO, ANSI and AAMVA compatible
- Up to 1,000,000 passes with ISO-conforming cards