Paragon Print Systems, Inc, the owner of Barcode Factory ("The Firm", "our team", or "our") prioritizes your privacy. It is essential for you to understand our methods related to data collection, utilization, and disclosure ("Privacy Overview"). This Privacy Overview is applicable to data gathered through www.barcodefactory.com and any other affiliated sites where this Privacy Overview is displayed or linked (universally referred to as "the Website"). Please note, this document only addresses data practices linked with this Website. Specific Barcode Factory products or services might have individual policies tailored to them.
We obtain data pertaining to you through various methods detailed below. This data might encompass personal details, namely, information which singularly or in conjunction with other data, ascertains your identity or can be sensibly associated with recognizing you.
Information You Share: When you pose queries, seek clarifications, or provide feedback through our Website, we might solicit details such as your full name, mailing address, contact number, and email address to cater to your needs or to reconnect. We might also require additional details pertinent to your inquiry or feedback, like your current location, the industry you belong to, or your favored mode of communication.
Additionally, you might exercise specific rights on our Website based on prevailing privacy regulations. We will gather and archive details related to these requests to address them and for our record-keeping and regulatory adherence purposes.
We don't actively request data deemed as "distinctive" or "confidential" personal details (for instance, government-sanctioned ID numbers or details concerning an individual's ethnicity, political views, religious convictions, health status, criminal records, or trade union association) from our Website's visitors. Please refrain from supplying such details. Should you autonomously present, share, or upload any "distinctive" or "confidential" personal details to our Website for any reason, you are giving consent for its usage as per this Privacy Overview and in alignment with relevant laws.
It's vital to understand that any data or materials you make public on our Website through forums, chat rooms, user profiles, blogs, and other platforms (including social media channels) are open to the public. Other users of this site can access this data. Hence, exercise caution when choosing to reveal personal details or any other private information on our Website.
Information Gathered from Website Usage: Our system automatically captures specific data regarding the device or computer you employ when browsing our Website. This includes your IP address; browser details or device type; data gathered via cookies, pixel tags, and other analogous technologies (further explained in the 'Cookies and Related Digital Techniques' section); the timestamp of your visit; and the webpage you accessed before landing on our site. Additionally, we archive details about the videos or content you access on our Website, such as the nature and title of the content and its duration of view.
We harness the information related to you for its intended purpose at the time of acquisition or as clearly implied by the circumstances of its collection. Further, we might employ this data to execute the following:
- Website Management: Oversee and operate our Website, correspond regarding the Website, cater to your information requests, or finalize transactions or services you have sought or sanctioned.
- User Experience Enhancement: Adapt and personalize your browsing experience and the content we present, ensuring the delivery of content that resonates with you.
- Engagement: Reach out to you concerning Barcode Factory products and services, offer promotional materials or product/service deals from Barcode Factory, or share updates about our organizational activities and events. This covers communication tailored to your inclinations, demographic attributes, and locality (termed "Promotional Communications"). We may convey these messages and offers through email, postal services, digital platforms, social media, SMS, among other mediums.
- Internal Business Objectives: Serve our inherent business goals, like business deals, audits, data scrutiny; initiate research and analytics regarding your interaction with our Website and us; innovate new products; amplify our Website and pre-existing products and services; recognize usage patterns; gauge our advertisement's efficacy; finetune our promotional endeavors; and determine our communication's impact.
- Protection Measures: Safeguard the rights, security, assets, or processes of Barcode Factory, yourself, or others.
- Legal & Compliance: Adhere to the prevailing laws and/or heed to queries and requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from Barcode Factory's communication list, you can do so anytime by tapping the 'unsubscribe' option present in any of our Promotional Communications. Post-unsubscribing, we'll cease sending Promotional Communications. However, we might continue interacting with you as required for services you've availed of.
It's pivotal to note that your personal data will never be used for promoting, endorsing, or marketing any third-party products or services. Furthermore, we won't license or publicize any of your personal data. Barcode Factory doesn't and pledges never to sell any personal data to external parties for their independent commercial benefits.
Certain legal jurisdictions mandate us to specify, in this Privacy Overview, the lawful grounds on which we depend to manage personal information.
- Consent: We may base our processing on the consent you grant at the time of data gathering or when sharing with us. This consent enables us to use such data for the purposes detailed in this document.
- Legitimate Interests: Our legitimate interests can be a foundation for processing your personal data, given that these interests don't infringe upon your inherent rights, essential freedoms, or interests. Specifically, we may process your personal data rooted in a legitimate interest for the effective and legal functioning of our Website, our business operations, and efficient delivery of information and services to you. At certain times, we might have other legitimate interests, and we'll transparently convey these interests as and when relevant.
- Adherence to Legal Directives: If needed, we might process your personal data to fulfill a legal obligation under a specific law that binds us.
Should you harbor any reservations or inquiries about the legal reasons behind our collection and utilization of your personal data, please reach out to us following the directions in the "Contact Us" section provided below.
Pertaining to one or multiple objectives detailed in the "Utilizing Your Information" section, your data may be shared with:
- Service Providers: Third-party entities that render services on our behalf, encompassing system hosting, management, support; data analytics; advertising facilitation; data backup; and data protection and storage solutions.
- Business Transactions: Relevant entities during corporate events like reorganization, mergers, sales, joint ventures, assignments, transfers, or any other adjustments involving a part or our entire business, assets, or stock. This includes scenarios related to bankruptcy or analogous legal proceedings.
- Government & Regulatory Authorities: Official governmental and public bodies, to adhere to legal or regulatory duties or demands.
Other Third Parties: As we discern essential or apt to:
- Comply with pertinent laws;
- Abide by legal processes;
- Enforce our terms and guidelines;
- Guard our operational integrity or that of our affiliates;
- Shield our rights, privacy, safety, assets, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other entities;
- Allow us to pursue permissible remedies or curtail potential damages we might incur.
Moreover, our Website may integrate content and plugins from social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, among others. These tools enable you to broadcast data from our Website to your profile or account. As you interact with these integrations, the respective third parties might collect and/or access data (often using cookies or similar techniques) which we don't oversee. If you're concurrently logged into a social media profile while browsing a page on our Website that possesses a social media tool, the plugin might enable the social media platform to relate your visit on our Website with your profile. Our influence doesn't extend to these external platforms, and the data they amass is governed by their respective privacy policies. We strongly recommend perusing their privacy disclosures for in-depth information.
The aforementioned sharing may lead to your data being transferred to locations with privacy regulations that diverge from those in your residing country. By furnishing us with your data and using our Website, you acknowledge the potential transfer of your data to foreign territories.
Whenever your data is relayed outside your residing nation, we implement measures to ensure its protection. For EU/EEA residents, such measures could encompass agreements on data transfer founded on standard clauses or other mechanisms approved by the European Commission for data transfers to external nations. To gain insights on the mentioned transfers and the protective measures employed, please reach out to us following the "Contact Us" section provided later.
If you're not comfortable with the collection of data through cookies, most browsers allow you to disable cookies. However, this might render some of our website's features non-functional. To gain deeper insights about cookies, please explore All About Cookies.
We might enable third-party cookies and technologies to gather or receive data from our site and other sources for advertising purposes. This encompasses serving advertisements based on user interests, retargeting, conversion tracking, gauging advertisement effectiveness, and preventing repetitive ad displays. Such technologies study your browsing habits to show ads tailored to your preferences. For instance, after you've visited our site, third-party providers might use this data to display our ads on other websites.
Moreover, third parties may use your site usage data to target non-affiliated ads based on general online behavior and interests. Data usually encompasses site activities, device details, time metrics, and sometimes links to your social media ID. The responsibility for such third-party practices is beyond our scope, and we advise you to refer to their individual policies for more clarity.
For opting out of interest-based ads, visit About Ads Opt-Out and Network Advertising Initiative Choices. Keep in mind, these platforms employ cookies to record and implement your choices; if cookies are cleared post-opt-out, the process has to be repeated.
We employ pragmatic organizational, technical, and administrative safeguards to guard data in our possession. But, internet transmissions or data storage systems can't be assured as entirely secure. If you perceive any security lapse concerning your data with us, please promptly notify us following the "Contact Us" section.
For any concerns, queries, or to communicate about our data practices, please reach out to us via the "Contact Us" section. We're committed to addressing your concerns diligently.
Your control over your personal data is of paramount importance to us. We adhere to the applicable laws to ensure you can access, review, and restrict the usage of your personal data.
If you no longer wish to receive our e-newsletters or other marketing communications, you can always opt-out by clicking the "unsubscribe" option available in every email communication from us.
Depending on where you reside, you might have several rights:
- Access: Confirm if we are processing your personal data and request a copy.
- Rectification: Update or correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Restriction & Limitation: Limit our usage of your data or restrict it if we don't have a legal ground to process it.
- Objection: Challenge our processing of your personal data.
- Withdraw Consent: Withdraw any consent you've given for data processing.
- Deletion: Ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Lodge a Complaint: If unsatisfied, you can report our data processing activities to the relevant authorities.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via the "Contact Us" section. Before proceeding with your request, we may require proof of identity for verification purposes.
We pledge not to discriminate against individuals who exercise their data rights.
Only you, or someone legally permitted to represent you (an "Authorized Agent"), can make a request regarding your data. If an agent contacts us on your behalf, they need to provide proof of their authorization.
Ensure your request is comprehensive:
- Helps us verify your identity or proves that you're an Authorized Agent.
- Clearly defines your requirements for us to evaluate and address appropriately.
We aim to protect your personal data from unauthorized requests. Hence, when a request comes in, we match the provided data with what we have on record. If a match isn't found, we'll notify you. Only upon verifying your identity or your Authorized Agent's legitimacy will we proceed with your request.
- Questions/Concerns: Should you have any doubts or issues regarding our treatment of your personal data, please get in touch via the "Contact Us" section provided.
- Your Right to Complain: If our handling of your personal data or response to your privacy concerns is unsatisfactory, you're entitled to file a complaint with the National Data Protection Authority ("DPA") in your country. Contact details for various DPAs can be located at this link.
- Information Disclosure Rights: As a Californian, you can ask about the disclosure of your personal data to third parties for marketing intentions. Rest assured, we don't share your data with unaffiliated third parties for these reasons.
- Do Not Track: Our Site currently doesn't recognize or respond to any "Do Not Track" or similar web browser signals. More information on declining cookies is provided in the Cookies section of our Privacy Statement.
- Data Retention: We hold onto your personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes we've detailed in this Privacy Statement or as the law mandates.
We prioritize the privacy of young users. This Site isn't intended for or deliberately directed at individuals under 18. We urge minors not to use our Site and knowingly don't collect their data. If we realize we have inadvertently collected data from someone below 18, we will take steps to remove that information.
From time to time, we may revise this Privacy Statement. You can see the date of the latest revision at the top of this page. Each time we update, it becomes applicable from the moment it's published on the Site. It's advisable to revisit this Privacy Statement occasionally to stay updated on how we're safeguarding your data.